Tips for Good Foot Health
Taking care of your feet is just as important as taking care of any other part of your body. Since we use our feet for so many different activities, having pain in your feet can make your life far more difficult and uncomfortable. If there is ever an injury or any other serious issue, you should contact a podiatrist.
Otherwise, heed the following advice to maintain good foot health:
- Wash your feet thoroughly every day. You also need to dry your feet thoroughly, especially between the toes.
- If you have diabetes, keep your blood sugar within the proper range.
- Moisturize your feet with skin lotion daily. Be sure to avoid getting it between the toes, as it could lead to infection.
- Cut your toenails straight across at least once a week, making sure to avoid cutting too close.
- Always wear socks and shoes.
- Put your feet up while sitting.
- Wiggle your toes a few times every day for at least five minutes each time.
- Avoid crossing your legs for long durations.
- Quit smoking.
See a doctor regularly or if you have a cut, sore, bruise or blister that lasts longer than 24 hours.
For more information, please visit the following resources: